Information Planet Travel, its businesses, and website operate from Australia and this policy provides information in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act.
By providing personal information to Information Planet Travel either directly or allowing another person to do so on your behalf, you acknowledge that this Policy will apply to how we handle your personal information.
If you do not wish your personal information to be handled in accordance with this Policy, we recommend that you do not provide your personal information to us. If you do not provide us with all the personal information we request, or if you do not provide any consent we require to be authorised to collect and handle certain personal information, this may affect our ability to provide services to you or respond to your inquiry, request or complaint.
What Personal Information do we collect and how?
The personal information we usually collect about you includes your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, credit and debit card details, details of your flight, hotel and car bookings, other travel details and any special needs you may have.
We may from time to time monitor and review any information transmitted or received through our website, or through telephone or e-mail communications. During monitoring, the information may be examined, recorded or copied. We will tell you when you telephone us, or if we call you if we will record the call. Please advise us if you don’t want the call to be recorded.
When you access our website, use any of our mobile applications or open an electronic communication from Information Planet Travel, our servers may record data regarding your device and the network you are using to connect with us, including your IP address. An IP address is a series of numbers which identify your computer, and which are generally assigned when you access the internet. Alone, IP addresses are not personal information, but we may link IP addresses to other personal information we hold about you and use it for the purpose of fraud prevention and protection.
In some circumstances Information Planet Travel may need to collect personal information that is sensitive information. Information Planet Travel will normally only collect your sensitive information with your consent and where it is required for your travel arrangements such as allergies, disabilities that requires special arrangements or in the event of an accident.
We collect your personal information directly from you in the course of providing a product or service or when you otherwise dealing with us. For example, your personal information will be collected when you deal with us over the telephone, send us a letter or an email, visit our websites or use our mobile applications, complete an online registration form, provide information to complete a booking or subscribe to a service provided by us or register as a member, or participate in one of our surveys, competitions or promotions.
We may also collect your personal information from others who make a booking on your behalf and they should be authorised to provide us with your information.
For what purposes do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information for the following purposes in relation to providing you with our travel services and advice and to assist you with booking travel and travel related products and services:
- Complete your travel bookings;
- Provide you with travel products, services and advice;
- Consider your request for a product or service;
- Provide you with information about other products and services that may be of interest to you including information about our business partners’ products and services. Please see the section titled ‘MARKETING AND PRIVACY‘ for further information about receiving direct marketing;
- Assist in arrangements and reservations with suppliers (such as airlines, tour operators, car hire operators, hotels and insurance providers) in relation to the provision of a product or service;
- Collect and process payments, though us or a third party;
- Perform all other administrative and operational tasks (including operational reporting, risk management, systems development and testing, staff training, and market or customer satisfaction research);
- Facilitate your participation in loyalty programs;
- For quality assurance and other purposes and so that we can censor, edit, remove or prohibit the transmission or receipt of any information communicated through our systems that we deem inappropriate or in violation of our terms and conditions;
- Register you as a member;
- Complete a travel profile about you;
- Enable you to, participate in a survey, competition or promotion,
- Process a transaction through our websites, over the phone, through a mobile application or a franchised agent;
- Analyse how our products and services (including any websites) are used and understand the effectiveness of our communications;
- Personalise the service or communication we provide to you, tailor your experience on our website or other websites to your interests and make more appropriate travel recommendations;
- Investigate, detect and protect us and other third parties against, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities; and
- Respond to and manage inquiries, complaints, feedback and claims.
- When do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information for the above purposes to:
- suppliers of products or services which you have selected (such as airlines, tour operators, car hire operators, hotels and insurance providers);
- third party travel service providers who assist in fulfilling the booking you have made;
- a person making your travel booking on your behalf;
- third party sponsors or co-sponsors of promotions on our website. Only information collected during a promotion will be disclosed to these parties;
- your employer, where you are an employee of one of our corporate, business or government clients and you are participating in an event or travelling for work purposes;
- other Information Planet Travel entities;
- government authorities and our insurers in the event of an accident, disaster or emergency; and
- Information Planet Travel’s contractors, suppliers and service providers, including:
- suppliers of IT based solutions that assist us in providing products and services to you, such as any external data hosting provider(s) we use;
- publishers, printers and distributors of marketing material;
- travel analytics and reporting;
- event and expo organisers;
- marketing, market research, research and analysis and communications agencies;
- mailing houses, freight services, courier services; and
- external business advisers (such as lawyers, accountants, auditors and recruitment consultants); and
- others where we are authorised or required by law or have your consent to do so.
Given the nature of our travel products and services some of the third parties we may disclose your personal information to, to facilitate your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative and technical services by hem on our behalf, will be located overseas. These are our suppliers, travel service providers, call centre operator, website manager, cloud infrastructure and data centre providers who are located overseas, including in Germany, Fiji, India, New Zealand, the Philippines and the United States of America.
Your personal information may also be shared between Information Planet Travel entities some of which are located overseas, including in the United States of America, United Kingdom, New Zealand, South Africa, the Philippines, Fiji and India. Generally, we will only disclose your personal information to these overseas entities in connection with facilitation of your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative and technical services by them on our behalf.
In the event that we or a part of our business undergo re-organisation or are sold or licensed to a third party, any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity, licensee or third party.
Information Planet Travel Websites, Apps and Systems
Information Planet Travel operates a websites and apps. Our Cookies Policy found here explains information we collect about users of these websites and apps.
Storage and Security of Personal Information
We store personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities, paper based facilities and other records.
We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of the information we store in our systems or in physical records. We use a combination of security measures to prevent the unauthorised access of our servers and regularly review our security policies. Your personal information will be stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by Information Planet Travel, located either at our offices or at the offices of our service providers.
Accessing and Updating your Personal Information
You may ask Information Planet Travel for access to any personal information we hold about you, subject to some exceptions in the Privacy Act. You can also ask us to correct personal information Information Planet Travel holds about you if you. You can contact our Privacy Officer using the details in the section titled ‘CONTACT OUR PRIVACY OFFICER‘ below to request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you.
We will need to verify your identity before responding to your request. We may charge a reasonable fee for providing to your personal information. However, we will not charge for the making of the request. If we refuse access to all of some of the personal information you request or to correct your information, we will write to you and explain why and how you can complain.
Direct Marketing and your Privacy
Serving customers well is very important to us. As part of this service, we may use your personal information to identify a product or service that you may be interested in. We may with your consent where required by applicable law, use the contact details you have provided to contact you from time to time whether by phone, email, SMS or post to tell you about new or exciting products or services and special offers that we believe may be of interest to you, including information about our business partners’ products and services.
You can opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications from us, including communications from us on behalf of our business partners at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer using the details in the section titled ‘CONTACT OUR PRIVACY OFFICER‘ below, or by using the unsubscribe facility in the electronic communication you receive.
If you wish to complain about our handling of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details below.
We will investigate all complaints and respond to you as soon as practicable. We will need to verify your identity. If we find a complaint justified, we will resolve it. If necessary, we will change our policies and procedures to maintain our high standards of performance, service and customer care.
If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). For more information on privacy, you can contact the OAIC’s hotline service on 1300 363 992 or visit the OAIC’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
Contact our Privacy Officer
If you have a privacy complaint or wish to correct, update or access the personal information that we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer using the following details: